“Musicians On Call brings live and recorded music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities. Unlike some organizations that only work with specific illnesses, they facilitate healing from all types of sickness through the power of music. To date, over 125,000 individuals have been touched through the volunteer performances as musicians play for patients too sick to leave their rooms.”
Sound like a worthwhile organization? I think so.
As with all non-profits, they need to raise money to operate. Musicians On Call has many events to do so. You can take a look at their web site to learn more about Musicians On Call, their activities, or how to donate.
Until March 5th, they are auctioning off a ton of signed items that will be interesting to music fans regardless of taste (rock, blues, country, and pop). They are also auctioning a few non-music centric items. Here are a select few items that may interest you:
- Autographed Buddy Guy Fender Stratocaster
- Autographed David Gilmore (Pink Floyd) Fender Stratocaster
- Autographed Vince Gill Fender Telecaster
- Two Tickets to See Billy Joel & Elton John Live
- Four VIP Tickets to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart in NYC
- Two VIP Tickets to a Taping of The Colbert Report PLUS Dinner for Two at ICON in NYC
- Original black & white photo of Led Zeppelin in NYC taken and signed by Bob Gruen (Bob Gruen is a famous rock photographer)
They have plenty of other signed photos, vacation packages, music memorabilia, tickets to events, and other random items. Give it a look, the money goes to a good cause. I’ve placed a couple of bids myself.
Take a look at all of the items here: http://moc09.charitybuzz.com/area.do?id=870