Lifehacker has a great post up about the facts and many myths about browser cookies.
Here are the facts, and myths they cover:
- “Myth: Cookies Spy On You and Track Everything You Are Doing”
- “Myth: Cookies Are Viruses or Spyware and Create Spam and Popups”
- “Fact: Spyware and Viruses Can Read Your Cookies, but So What?”
- “Fact: Cookies are Used by Advertisers to Track Sites You Visit”
- “Fact: Disabling Cookies Doesn’t Matter If You Have Flash Enabled”
The bottom line is that cookies aren’t really a problem, and blocking them will generally make your life more difficult.
I strongly recommend you give it a look – Fact and Fiction: The Truth About Browser Cookies
Syndicated by The Geek Whisperer
One thought on “Browser Cookies – Fact vs. Fiction”
Great info David. Thanks.