Comic book fans, and fighting gamers had a collective nerdgasm this morning when Capcom officially announced Marvel s. Capcom 3.
Due out in Spring 2011, fans of the old MvC2 have been praying for this game for a decade… So it better not suck.
The graphics in the trailer look very comic booky and as far as I’m concerned, that’s a good thing.
There are a lot of unknowns, such as:
- Will there be two or three characters on a team?
- Who will be playable?
- How many characters will be playable (somewhere around 30)?
- How will the tag-team interactions work?
But there are a few things that are certain:
- New sound track! No more “take you for a ride” shit.
- Six characters are confirmed: Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Morrigan, Ryu, and Chris Redfield of Resident Evil
- It will be 2.5D like Street Fighter IV (good news there)
- “A boss character that Marvel says fans will appreciate” (IGN)
- IGN is speculating that Felicia from Dark Stalkers, Frank West from Dead Rising, Charlie from Street Fighter, Namor, Dr. Doom, Deadpool, Magneto, Captain America and Chun-Li will be in the game based on the silhouettes in the trailer’s intro
- You can also take Spider-Man to the bank
- My guess on the final boss: The Sentry and the Void