The Electronic Frontier Foundation is constantly fighting court battles to maintain and expand our freedoms on the Internet. They compiled a list of rights for bloggers that are based on established legal precedent.
- Bloggers can be journalists (and journalists can be bloggers).
- Bloggers are entitled to free speech.
- Bloggers have the right to political speech.
- Bloggers have the right to stay anonymous.
- Bloggers have freedom from liability for hosting speech the same way other web hosts do.
They further explain each right, as well as provide the precedents that establish them in the Bloggers’ Rights.